Thursday, September 13, 2012

Busy Busy Bee

I reaaaally wanted to post something earlier... I'm just soo busy!
Classes started last week on wednesday. All of my classes a pretty interesting and fun so far. I just dropped one (philosphy of language)....that one was boring as hell, is 3 hours on thursday evening, I'm not gonna get credit for it and I was planning to drop that one anyways ;)
The classes are a lot more work than in Bonn. I had a writing assignment in my first class already and they make sure that you read the texts :( no lazy semester for me. I also have a bunch of group presentations and papers during the semester plus finals.
Besides going to class we still hang out a lot and have fun :) We had the international meet and greet party last friday. Not everyone got tickets (they run out of tickets pretty early) so we thought we'd stay at our place and go to the after party at a nightclub right away. At 9.45pm we decided to go after all. The meet and greet was at the campus bar and quite a lot of people were there. We stayed for 30 minutes and then left with everyone to go daaaaaaaancing. It was a lot of fun although we didn't even stay until 2 ;) When we got back home we stayed up talking until 4.
On saturday we went to the gym!! Very sporty!! :D
In the evening I met up with my study buddy MJ, some of her friends and buddies and a few more people. We went to a nice restaurant and I had the most awesome salmon burger ever!!!! The food was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!! I'm definitely coming back there!! After that we got some frozen yogurt and then to our place to hang out there.
MJ works at the museum of canadian civilization and was able to put us on the guest list so we went to Gatineau on sunday and visited the museum (we ended up being a group of almost 15). After the muesum we went down to the river on the Quebec side and took some pictures with the view on the parliament on the Ontario side. Later we walked back to Ottawa and finally tried the famous Beavertails. It's some kind of a long donut shaped like a beavertail and then you can put different toppings on it. I had apple and cinamon and it was very good but not easy to eat. Our table looked like a napkin battlefield when we were done eating ;)
I had class on monday around noon and later went to the mall and several dollar stores to get some cheap stuff for school and tried to find a jacket but only ended up with a pair of jeans and some shirts. Guess I have to go again ;)
Tuesday and wednesday I had class in the morning and then again from 5.30pm-8.30pm. These 3 hour classes are waaaaaay to long.
This morning at 8.30 was my last class for this week. YAY! AND I'm going to have free lunch once again today. My faculty has an information meeting for the exchange students and lunch is provided - so I'm going :)
I might go for a run later and this evening we have a preparation meeting for the whale watching trip next week.
So HELLO WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment